Functional Supply Point (FSP)
A Functional Supply Point (FSP) is the equipment tasked with power distribution throughout the rail infrastructure. RSP’s range of products cover all installation requirements – from a legacy changeover of a single piece of switchgear to a full FSP equipment housing, offering multiple power supplies and auto reconfiguration facility.
Functional Supply Point (FSP) Range
RSP produces a range of rail FSP products in both class I and class II for use in rail signalling power distribution systems as defined in NR/L2/ELP/27410. The range conforms to NR/L2/SIGELP/27409 Issue 2.
- FSP01/02 switchgear assemblies are suitable for single and dual end-fed systems with manual reconfiguration. Available in both 240v and 650v configurations.
- FSP03 can be installed within duel end-fed, auto reconfiguration systems and can be installed with all approved ARS systems currently in the market place. Switching can be provided for 110v through to 650v signalling power installations, both AC and DC.
- FSP04 range is designed specifically for SIN119 solutions to replace legacy installations. Supporting this is the range of TC04 Terminal Chambers which can be used for cable termination to support the whole FSP range.
Built to Specification FSP Design
RSP provides bespoke designs for each rail FSP installation and conforms to Network Rails Signalling Design Handbook. These designs will be produced from client issued schematics and are individual to each contract.
In-house Rail FSP Manufacture & Testing
All our FSP rail products are constructed at our manufacturing facilities in Saltash Cornwall by our experienced in-house IRSE licenced team. The team carries out full 3c testing of every location case installation.
The RSP FSP range offers a number of unique advantages to the industry and our customers.
We can install up to four 1500Va transformers or up to four 10a T/Js within a single FSP. Alternatively we could provide an FSP that houses a 25Ah point battery system, inclusive of charger. Feeder cables up to 120mm2 in both copper and aluminium can also be installed easily, using our sliding gland plates.
Key Product Benefits
- FSP01/02 Switchgear Assembly – Type 20 Class 1
- Railway Cat No – 092/000296
- RSP Part No. DLLF2S20
- Class I Distribution Enclosure for 650V Signalling Systems
- Surge Arrestor Protection provided
- Robust stainless steel enclosure
- Dedicated Ring Power IN and OUT Isolators
- Compatible with Copper (Cu) or Aluminium (Al) 2c Feeder Cables up to 120mm2
- Easy cable installation with Magplate sliding split-able Gland Plate
- Two Switched and Fused Output Functional Supplies
- Functional Supply Fuse Carriers BS88
- Compliant to Network Rail specification NR/L2/ELP/27409 Issue 2
- Dimensions W=498mm x H=346mm x D=259mm
- Weight = 18Kg
Contact RSP to find out how we can provide your business with a cost-effective solution for your FSP requirements.